Sunday, June 12, 2005

 

GOD, YOU DID ALL THE REST

By Ruth Harms Calkin

O Lord God! I did what You asked me to do:
I just opened windows
Wide...
Wide...
And You did all the rest!
You poured into my heart
A blessed, blissful contentment.
You saturated my mind
With gigantic thoughts of You.
You struck an artesian well within me
Until sheer joy sprang forth.
You led me out of the valley
Into a succession of incredible happenings.
Problem which seemed insurmountable
Melted like wax before my eyes.
Fears faded away like threatening clouds.
You startled me
You amazed me
With the glory of Your revelation.
It is true,
Gloriously true --
I have literally walked and breathed with God.
I just opened windows
Wide...
Wide...
God, You did all the rest!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?