Monday, June 20, 2005

 

HEALING OF THE HEART

Shared by Joe Gatuslao

Misty's stormy years as a teenager had taken their back toll. Now twenty three, she still couldn't get over the stigma of being the "black sheep" in the family. Harsh words and unkind actions by both daughter and parents left scars, threatening never to heal.

Misty had become a Christian and changed her life, but the black sheep stigma still remained. Each time she saw her parents or talked with them by phone, her hurts returned. Although her mother and father said they loved her and were proud of her, the angered and injured feelings wouldn't leave.

"My parents tell me they love me," she pondered. "They say they forgave me for the past. They even ask me to forgive them." Misty couldn't understand why the pain could not leave.

Finally, she took it to the Lord in serious prayer. She looked up Scriptures on God healing those in pain. Misty began praying God would heal her wounds. She asked Him to help her forgive her parents for their unkind words and deeds. Whenever the pain tried to return, she returned to the Lord and left it with Him.

How could she make everything up to them? Misty would buy everything in the world, if that would help. God spoke to her again. He touched Misty's wounded soul. He reminded her that her mother and father had already forgiven her. Now, God asked Misty to take the final step. She must forgive herself.

Tears flowed. Cleansing confession poured out from Misty to her Saviour. She finally turned to her inner self and forgave. The transformation and healing were complete. Misty felt the peace she longed to feel for so long.

From then on, phone calls with Mom and Dad warmed her heart. She really wasn't the black sheep. Instead, she had been the little wounded lamb. Now, Jesus, the real Lamb of God, healed and made her happy and whole.

PRAYER

"DEAR LORD, You commanded us to love one another. I asked You to help me forgive those who have hurt me, especially my dear ones in life. Regardless of whether it was intentional, unintentional, slight, severe or inexcusable, I put them all into your hands because "Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light." I don't know how You'll work in my life but I trust in You unconditionally. Enlighten my mind with the truth, so I may realize what has caused the strain in our relationship. If there is any pride, selfishness or misunderstanding on my part, please reveal it to me and soften my heart so I can set it right. Jesus, You are the Prince of Peace; I know that Your healing presence is with me right now. Make me start this year by forgiving those who have hurt me and loving them for Your sake."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?