Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

I LOVE YOU NANA

Contributed by Marion Smith



" We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us." 1 John 4:16

Sweeter words than this are few and far between, I can tell you! Not only do I enjoy hearing these expressions, I have experienced hugs, kisses (including butterfly and Eskimo), lap sitting and sweet touches of a little hand on my face. It doesn't matter to me that these sweet endearments are given freely to many others- including Mommy, Daddy, brother, aunts, uncles and other grandparents. It is not important one bit! Each gesture of love directed toward me is especially for me, and received with a heart full to overflowing with awe and love.

Now, God does the same thing. He shows His love for me in so many ways. He speaks to my heart, gives me His written Word, gives me the Holy Spirit and all He has to offer. He shows me His love through relationships I have and through the beauty of nature. He gives these same endearments of love to millions of others also, but that doesn't make it less special for me. When I see the majesty of snow capped mountains, the ocean waves rolling in, delightful birds and animals, and the beauty of healthy relationships, I stand in awe.

I know His love for me is special, just as it is for each of His children. He has something special in store for you today; may your spiritual eyes be open to it!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?