Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

WHERE DID THE FLOWERS GO?

By Bob Perks
Jun 03, 2005



I miss the colors of my garden. Where did the flowers go?

I miss them swaying with the breath of God and sometimes standing still in the warmth of His light.

In the morning they were eager to face the day. Heads hung low until the first sunbeam danced across their faces. Responding then in gratitude they rise to greet the sun. More faithful than I, they rise to the occasion even on cloudy days. Somehow knowing that beyond the clouds, on the darkest of days, the sun will keep its promise, still.

I miss the colors of my garden.
Where did the flowers go?

Perhaps, by some divine intervention, the colors did not fade away but now in autumn they were absorbed into the leaves of a million nearby trees. The yellows of the daffodil, the redness of the rose, the purple of the pansy and the orange of the day lily, take my breath away once more.

In that cycle of life the colors soon fall back down to earth to sleep perhaps until spring.

Then I will sigh… "I miss the colors of autumn leaves. Where did the colors go?"

God, responding unexpectedly in stark contrast to winter's black and white, will paint the sky before me with a blazing sunset.

As if that were not enough, near the time of renewal, He'll swipe his hand between the first fresh spring rain and the break through of the sun and rainbows will appear reminding me of the covenant made and kept.

It is the palette used to paint the flowers I longed for all year.

The colors never fade for they are the colors of life year round.

"I believe in you!"
Bob Perks
Bob@BobPerks.com

copyright 2004 Bob Perks I encourage you to share my stories with your friends but, when copying I ask that you keep my name and contact information attached so that new readers can find their way here. Use of this story for commercial use is prohibited without direct permission from the author.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?