Friday, June 17, 2005

 

YOU JUST DRIVE, I'LL DO THE REST

From: God's Little Devotional Book
Greatest Act of Faith (orig.subj.)

A story is told about actor Charlton Heston that illustrates our need to do all we can and then trust God to what we cannot.

It seems that during the making of the great epic movie "Ben Hur," Heston worked long hours with the stunt trainers to learn to drive a chariot for the movie's crucial chariot race scene. He improved greatly with His mastery over the horses and rig, but finally became convinced the task was more than a challenged than He had initially anticipated. He approached the legendary director of the movie, Cecil de Mille about the scene.

"Mr.de Mille," He said, "I've worked very hard at mastering this rig, and I think I can drive it convincingly in the scene. But I don't think I can win the race."

The director replied, "You just drive. I'll do the rest."

God has a way of orchestrating the various races we run during the course of our lives. He trust us to do our part in "manning the rigs." We must trust him to determine the result of the race. As one engineer has said, "God provides the initial input. We provide the output. And God provides the outcome."

"The greatest act of faith is when man decides he is not God."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?