Friday, January 06, 2006

 

Prayer for the New Year


Prayer for the New Year
By Edgar A. Guest
Jan 06 2006 09:35AM

Prayer for the New Year

Grant me the strength from day to day
To bear what burdens come my way.
Grant me throughout this bright New Year
More to endure and less to fear.
Help me live that I may be From spite and petty malice free.

Let me not bitterly complain
When cherished hopes of mine prove vain,
Or spoil with deeds of hate and rage
Some fair tomorrow's spotless page.
Lord, as the days shall come and go
In courage let me stronger grow.

...

Lord, as the New Year dawns today
Help me to put my faults away.
Let me be big in little things;
Grant me the joy which friendship brings.
Keep me from selfishness and spite;
Let me be wise in what is right.

A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye.
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year.

- Edgar A. Guest

****************************************************************
DISCLAIMER: FoodForThought shared this message as submitted and do not
claim to own any copyright privileges on it. All the messages are
believed to be free for circulation or public domain. All messages come
in either by email in original form or copied from the internet sites.
The work was submitted to us as an item for distribution, and it was
posted solely on the basis of its quality. It's a FREE service.
****************************************************************

To subscribe/unsubscribe, tell friends about FoodForThought, share a
reflection, read past issues and feedbacks, give donation or submit a
prayer request please go to: http://www.dailyfoodforthought.org

If you have no access to the internet, use these emails: To subscribe:
subscribe@dailyfoodforthought.org To unsubscribe:
unsubscribe@dailyfoodforthought.org

Feel free to forward this to your friends, family and associates!

Have a nice day!

© 2005 FoodForThought


Comments:
Thank you so much for the food for thought you continue to send me . I find it very encouraging, and very very powerful testimonies. It has really encourged my life and I thank you so much and am so glad that you are back.

God bless you in your ministries

Lynne
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?