Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

WHAT LIFE CAN THROW AT YOU!


WHAT LIFE CAN THROW AT YOU!
By Marla Millburn
Jan 4, 2006

It is unbelievable what life can throw at you!

All my life I have grown up believing that life was fair and beautiful.
I had the best parents in the world. They are still together after 57
years. What an inspiration!

The reason I am writing this is to let people know they could always be
worse off.

I am a married woman with three grown children. My oldest son has AIDS.
I can't except it. I can't let go and let God.

My other son has been bi-polar and takes heavy doses of meds every day
to keep him normal. He must be monitored daily. He lives a block away
in a place where they have apartments for the disabled.

My youngest and only girl is a "drug addict." She can't see her way
out.

I pray for all of them every day. The pain is like no other that I can
describe. I ask myself, "What did I do wrong? Am I being punished? Why
would God make all my children sick?"

It has taken its toll on my health, mentally and physically. I have
people tell me miracles happen. I don't believe that.

Why has God chosen me for all this heartache? They all live close by
and count on me for everything. All I do is cry and cry. I have been
married to their stepfather for 25 years. He gives me no emotional
support whatsoever. I read the Bible daily and pray daily to keep HOPE.
I will lie in bed all day wishing I could make things better for them
or I wish it was me and not my children.

My question is... Why Me?

How can one person handle this alone? I have no friends and do not
belong to any church. I do believe in God, but where is He? I try to
count my blessings, but can't seem to think of any.

Please pray for my children and me.

The reason I am writing this is to let people know they could always be
worse off.

PRAYER
"Lord, may your love always be the foundation of my life. Free me from
every fear and selfish-concern that I may freely give myself in loving
service to others, even to the point of laying my life down for their
sake."

****************************************************************
DISCLAIMER: FoodForThought shared this message as submitted and do not
claim to own any copyright privileges on it. All the messages are
believed to be free for circulation or public domain. All messages come
in either by email in original form or copied from the internet sites.
The work was submitted to us as an item for distribution, and it was
posted solely on the basis of its quality. It's a FREE service.
****************************************************************

To subscribe/unsubscribe, tell friends about FoodForThought, share a
reflection, read past issues and feedbacks, give donation or submit a
prayer request please go to: http://www.dailyfoodforthought.org

If you have no access to the internet, use these emails: To subscribe:
subscribe@dailyfoodforthought.org To unsubscribe:
unsubscribe@dailyfoodforthought.org

Feel free to forward this to your friends, family and associates!

Have a nice day!

© 2005 FoodForThought


Comments:
Dear Marla,

My heart goes out to you.

Let me assure you that God is not punishing you, for he can do nothing else but love you, for according to St. John in his First letter - Chapter 4 verse 8 - God IS love. (It is not that he has love) He IS love.

What can I do for you? Just offer you the assurance that I will do a little 'complaining' to the Lord about the mountain of problems you have. It was a great Spanish saint - Teresa of Avila - who used to 'complain' to God in the following terms: Your Majesty complains that you have few friends. It is not surprising, seeing the way you treat the few you have. !

In addition I will - when I celebrate Mass to morrow (for I am a Roman Catholic priest) place you in the chalice on the altar.

As a Roman Catholic I share an English writer's conviction (Hilaire Belloc who died 60 years ago) that In the Catholic Church the human spirit has a home and a hearth. Outside is the night.

Not of course that one is immune to mental, physical and spiritual suffering while one sits before the fire in that home, but there is a certain glow of warmth comes from the fire in the hearth. It is a special gift. Call it the fullness of faith, if you will. For all that, we are still in the world of mystery. I can only assure you of my prayer that amidst the present encircling gloom of your lfie, you will see light.

Do pray for me.
Richard McCullen - St. Paul's College, Dublin 5, Ireland.
 
Dear Mrs Marla,

I cannot tell how deeply I`ve been touched by your words ..The pain is like no other that I can describe.

Maybe you can not describe but still I know How you do feel . Moreover I KNOW how the indescribable pain is ..


I got once through that pain and it is still inhabiting my memory as freshly as it can be..

Today I was having the same thought you raised .. why me ?? why this..?? what wrong I did..??

Everyday Iam striving only to hide my tears and wear a friendly smile ..I feel my life as if passing away ..


Pain has many ugly faces and most of them are indescribable ..

But dear I do trust that GOD OUR KIND GOD IS THERE ..yes HE IS STILL ALIVE ..He SEES ..WAtCHES .. and PITYS ..

My lovely Marla Iam writing those words out of my tears .. not out of comfort ..but I believe there should be a way out ..there should be hope ..for God is still alive..

Fight with HIM everyday and every minute..you will find a lot of promises in the bible..keep them written in front of you and ..ask HIM to fulfill ..fight for your life and your children the right way .. open the book and show Him the words..tell HIM ....YOU HOLY GOD GREAT ONE said says ..... so do ..

One more thing dearest marla.. you mentioned that you do not have friends.. may I ask you to accept me as your friend..who would like to share you your pains..

My beloved sister..I do consider your sufferings and will pray for you and your children ..

May I ask you to pray for me too..

Pls read this it is His WORDS.. " Iam the Lord the God of all mankind. IS anything too hard for me?? ( Jeremiah 32:27 )

I am looking to hearing from you ..

God loves you and so do I ..



Love

Mary
 
To Mrs. Marla Millburn,
Dont loose HOPE ,GOD is always there to guide us just always PRAY to him and Im very sure he will hear what is your PRAYER.

delfin hernandez
 
Is there a way to communicate with Marla? I would like to offer her someone to talk with along with some consolation. THX

Russ
 
Marla.. i would like to invite you to our group godlywomanhood you can suscribe at myinjesus.com or write to julie4him@hotmail.com she will be able to help you get started, you will meet a lot of good Godly woman maybe some are going through something similar hang on and put your faith in our father..happy new year and peace be with you..shalom, Sondra
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?