Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

GRACE

F O O D F O R T H O U G H T
Subscribe Unsubscribe Change E-mail View Archive

GRACE
Author Unknown


When my son was in kindergarten, we used to take his little red wagon
and walk to the library. While he was searching for the last of the
books to return, I looked at the calendar and saw that the books were
due back the day before.

"Oh, no', I said, 'we should have returned them yesterday but we still
have three days grace."

'What's 'grace', Mom?' my son asked. I answered without thinking, "It
means we are late in getting them back and owe a fine, but 'grace'
means we don't have to pay."

A warm glow washed over me as I thought about what I had said. It was
a perfect explanation of God's grace. When we come to him with our sins
and confess our faults he extends his grace to us.

Christ provides that grace and 'we don't have to pay.'

PRAYER
"Lord, let your light burn brightly in my heart that I may know the
joy and freedom of your kingdom. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and
empower me to witness the truth of your gospel and to point others
to Jesus Christ."


****************************************************************

DISCLAIMER: FoodForThought shared this message as submitted and do not claim to own any copyright privileges on it. All the messages are believed to be free for circulation or public domain. All messages come in either by email in original form or copied from the internet sites. The work was submitted to us as an item for distribution, and it was posted solely on the basis of its quality. It's a FREE service.

****************************************************************

To subscribe/unsubscribe, tell friends about FoodForThought, share a reflection, read past issues and feedbacks, give donation or submit a prayer request please go to: http://www.dailyfoodforthought.org

If you have no access to the internet, use these emails:

To subscribe:

subscribe@dailyfoodforthought.org

To unsubscribe:

unsubscribe@dailyfoodforthought.org

Feel free to forward this to your friends, family and associates!

Have a nice day!

© 2006 FoodForThought





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?