Wednesday, November 17, 2010

 

STRING US TOGETHER

STRING US TOGETHER
By Sally I. Kennedy
November 17, 2010


I pray …. that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me
and I am in you. " John 17:20,21

A couple buttons snapped off in the laundry. As I was sewing them
back on I began to think about how the Holy Spirit uses a sewing
stitch to 'string' together the believers, the body of Christ.

In my mind's eye, the picture of a lovely, plush Christmas tree came
into view. It was decorated from top to bottom with garlands of
cranberries and popcorn. I could almost smell the pungent pine aroma
wafting in the air. Then I noticed the cranberries were fresh, strung
together with heavy thread; the popcorn held together by some rough,
tan twine.

Recently I attended a women's conference. There were women of all ages
there, from teens to, I'd guess, eighties. People were from all walks
of life, lifestyles, churches and denominations.

As we stood together, all around the huge arena, singing and praising
God, we were most definitely being 'strung together' by the love of
God and the presence of the Holy Spirit.

I thought of the old song 'Bind Us Together' with new words, string us
together, Lord……string us together with Love.

Lord, Thank you that in Your mercy and grace it is Your plan to string
together Your children, Your body, Your church. Thank you, Lord! In
Jesus' name, amen.


John 10:16 there shall be one flock and one shepherd. -Jesus

inspirational messages by Sally I. Kennedy
Sally I. Kennedy, ©2010

http://www.sallyikennedy.com


To inquire, comment or manage your subscription, please email sally
at sallyikennedy@bellsouth.net


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join our group on Facebook and post your comments on the reflection: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=142903436398

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/efoodforthought

Webpage: http://www.dailyfoodforthought.org/
Group Address: http://groups.google.com/group/dailyfoodforthought

GROUP CONTACT:
To subscribe from this group, share a reflection or feedback
on the reflection of the day, send email to: foodforthought2@earthlink.net
To unsubscribe : dailyfoodforthought-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

DISCLAIMER: FoodForThought shared this message as submitted and do not
claim to own any copyright privileges on it. All the messages are
believed to be free for circulation or public domain. All messages come
in either by email in original form or copied from the internet sites.
The work was submitted to us as an item for distribution, and it was
posted solely on the basis of its quality.

© 2010 FoodForThought


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?